When can events and meetings take place?
From Labor Day through Memorial Day, the Beach House is an ideal location for meetings and events. Meetings and events may take place Monday through Friday between 8:00am and 10:00pm, and Saturday and Sunday between 8:00am and 11:00pm.
From Memorial Day through Labor Day, the Beach House is open to the public daily, to be enjoyed by all with no membership required. During this time, weekend space rentals are available beginning at 7:00pm.
Please note that the Beach House is not available for private rental on Holidays/Holiday weekends.
What types of events are permitted?
• Conferences, Product Launches, Team Building
How many people can attend my event?
• Holiday Parties and Social Events
• Weddings and Celebrations
• Location for Photo, Film and TV Shoots
• Full Site Buyouts
• Wrap Parties
• Pool Parties
• Organizations and businesses may advertise and charge admission fees only if ticket sales are in advance and a guest list is finalized prior to the start of the event.
Our event spaces vary in size. The capacity of each space will be determined by your activity and desired set-up. The Event Services team can help you determine what space is right for your event. Please reference our capacity chart.
What is prohibited?
• Animals, with the exception of guide dogs and service animals. This includes any decor that may use live animals, fish or fowl.
• Open flames and barbeques
• Gambling or casino games
• Political events which are open to the public
• Activities prohibited by city ordinance, state or federal law
• Glassware, glass bottles, glass containers, etc. in the pool area, Sand & Sea Room and on the View Deck
Can food be served at my event?
Yes, food and refreshments ranging from light fare to full sit down meals may be served at Beach House events. Clients are required to use a caterer from our list of Beach House approved caterers. Our caterers are skilled at providing meals to suit all styles and tastes within our guidelines. Beach House caterers offer a variety of culinary options including Kosher and other cuisines within a range of pricing.
All catered events must have catering staff in attendance during the event. Daytime meetings with 20 or fewer attendees may have the caterer drop off an order and do not require catering staff in attendance. Event clients may not serve home-prepared, outside purchased, or take - out prepared food at the Beach House.
Can alcohol be served at my event?
Beach House caterers must supply and serve all beverages including beer, wine and champagne. Hard alcohol is not permitted. Alcoholic beverages must be served by catering staff from bars that are located indoors. Bars may not be located outdoors. Self-served alcohol is not permitted.
Guests are welcome to enjoy their drinks in the outdoor areas that have been rented for your event. For your guests' safety, bar services must end 30 minutes prior to the end of your event, with last call no later than 40 minutes prior to the end of your event.
Glassware, glass stemware, glass bottles and glass containers are not permitted in the pool area, Sand & Sea Room or on the View deck. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on the beach or outside of the Beach House property.
How much does it cost to rent a space at the Beach House?
You may choose from a variety of indoor and outdoor spaces for your event. Rental rates vary by space, season, day of week, and time of your event. Spaces may be rented individually or in combination, and range from $900-4000 in price. Outdoor spaces may only be rented in conjunction with an indoor space rental.
Are there special rates for non - profit organizations and government agencies?
Non-profit entities with 501(c)3 status and government agencies may receive special rates on a first-come, first-served basis Monday thru Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm. Limited discounts may be available for evening events. Discounts are not available in July and August. Non-profit and governmental organizations are always welcome to book at market rates.
What does rental include?
Our Event Services team works with you and your vendor(s) to provide seamless service from initial inquiry through the event itself. Your rental includes exclusive use of the permitted space for the specified time period, Beach House furnishings, custodial services, labor for set-up and break-down, complimentary Wi-Fi, and a dedicated Event Services representative onsite at all times during your event.
If additional access to the space is desired prior to the permitted time for any reason, including extra set-up time for wedding or other rehearsals, the space may be rented for an additional time period. Clients are required to use Beach House furniture, which has been selected to provide a variety of seating options, tables and lounge furniture. Furniture from outside rental companies at the Beach House is not permitted. Items such as dance floors, outdoor heaters, linens, china, flatware, glassware or other items related to food service may be rented by you or your caterer from outside vendors.
Are there other event charges?
Depending on the scope and complexity of your event, clients may incur additional charges for:
• Security - Our Event Services team may determine that your event requires security personnel for the safety of your guests and to ensure that activities do not impact nearby residents.
• Lifeguards - Required if your event includes the Pool/Pool Deck.
• Parking Attendants - Required for evening events, or for daytime events with a large number of attendees.
• Ceremony fee - A fee of $450.00 is charged for ceremonies taking place on the Beach House site.
• Additional Staff – Pending management review, additional Event Attendants may be scheduled to staff your event.
Is insurance required?
Yes. For social events and meetings with a social component, clients are required to provide a certificate of insurance and an original endorsement naming the City as additional insured. Insurance may be purchased through Event Services, or clients may use their business or homeowner policies.
For certain meetings, at the discretion of Event Services, clients may sign a Waiver of Liability.
What about audio visual services?
The Sand & Sea Room and Event House rooms (Garden Terrace Room, Garden Terrace Lounge and Club Room) are each equipped with one-touch screens and projectors compatible with PC laptops and DVD players. MAC users must supply their own VGA adaptor. The Beach House does not provide event lighting, sound equipment, speakers or microphones. The Marion Davies Guest House is equipped with a surround sound system, with the ability for clients to supply their own iPod or CDs. For social events, DJs frequently provide sound for their clients. Please note that the Beach House does not provide an in-house A/V tech.
Decor - What is permitted?
As you consider decor for your event, please note:
• Decor must be approved by the Event Services Department. Decor is not allowed to be attached or adhered to furniture or permanent surfaces including tables, chairs, fencing or walls.
• Candles are permitted when secured in glass housings that extend a minimum of two inches past the height of the flame. Candles are not permitted in restrooms. Glass is not permitted in the pool area, Sand & Sea Room or on the View Deck.
• Signage must be approved by Event Services.
• The use of rice, confetti, glitter, sequins, silly string, flower petals, sparklers, or birdseed is not permitted.
• Balloons may be used as indoor decorations only.
• Pop-up tents, canopies, and tenting may be allowed with the written permission of Event Services. Tenting is not permitted in the Courtyard.
Are there special requirements for vendor deliveries?
Deliveries and pick-ups must take place on the event day during the hours specified in the permit. Deliveries for morning meetings may not arrive before 7am, unless otherwise specified in the permit.
Music - What is allowed?
Acoustic music and amplified speaking is permitted outdoors; however, as a good neighbor to nearby residents, the Beach House only allows amplified music inside buildings.
How does guest parking work?
Seasonal parking rates range from $8 - $12 per car. Based on the size and scope of event, Event Services may require a parking attendant, whose cost is the responsibility of the client. Clients may pre-pay for guest parking permits or guests may self-pay at the Park & Pay machines located in the lots. While you may pre-pay for parking, please be aware that parking is never guaranteed on our site.
How do I reserve an event space?
We encourage you to submit an Event Inquiry Form online, or inquire with a member of our Event Services team at 310-458-4934. Once we review the completed Event Inquiry Form, we will follow up with you on availability of the space, rental rates, and details of your event.
Once the event details are agreed upon, Event Services will issue a permit (contract) specifying the payment schedule, cancellation policies, rules and regulations, and insurance requirements. You will have five business days to review and submit a signed copy and deposit. When the deposit is received, the date will be secured in our system.
What are the payment policies?
All estimated costs must be paid prior to your event. Once you have reviewed and signed the permit, a deposit of 50% of the estimated rental fee is required to secure the date. Your permit will specify the due date for the balance of estimated costs. Payments may be made by check or credit card. The Beach House accepts MasterCard, Visa, Discover or American Express. We do not accept cash payments for event costs.
Any other questions? Please contact us via email at BeachHouseEvents@smgov.net or call us at 310-458-4934.
Thank you for considering the Beach House. We look forward to hosting your event.